19 Profitable Small Home Business Ideas for Moms to Start Today
Why is a home-based business a good move for Mums in 2023?
How can I start my own business with no money?
To start a business with no money, do the following:
- What skills do you have that is of value to potential customers?
- Where can you start your prospecting? (Hint: Google is a great way to start, but also consider your social and local circles)
- How much time are you willing to set aside consistently to earn that income?
- How much time in the initial set up of your business, are you willing to learn things and spend hands on time to to create that opportunity?
19 Great Small Home-Based Business ideas you can Start
What home based business is most profitable?
The most profitable businesses would have: 1) Low overhead, and 2) Higher Profit margin.
This would usually fall into two categories: Technology and Services. These two categories are lucrative and you can work from home – you don’t need to be in a physical office to meet clients and generate money.
Other benefits: You can scale your business. You can be creative.
What would be 5 good small business to start for Mums with Toddlers?
During this time, you need to be on full alert with your child. They are at an age where they need the most attention. Some good small business to start if you have a toddler include:
- Part-time freelancing services (eg: Content Writing, Book-Keeping, Administration)
- Part-time Virtual Assistant
- Affiliate Sales
- Home Baking
What are the 5 most profitable businesses to start for Mums with Primary School Children?
The most profitable businesses to start when you have primary school children include:
- Child-Minding (or as we used to call it, ‘Baby Sitting’)
- Tech start up
- Freelancing on Airtasker
- Virtual Assistant
What are the 4 types of small business ideas for Mums with High School Aged Children, or Adult-Children in their 20’s?
Now that your child is capable of being independent, you don’t have to stay at home to take care of them. However, after being away from the workforce for a long time will mean you have a steep learning curve to get back into the mainstream workforce.
- Restaurant and Cafe
- Full-time Agency or Consulting Business
- Retail Business
- Software or Technology Startup
FAQ: Start a Small Business From Home and Earning Money
List 5 things I need to know if my new business idea will be successful
To know if your business is successful, you need to know the following things
Have you got a business plan?
Have you set aside enough capital to get you started?
Do you know what your revenue model is?
Is Starting a Home Business, like an online shop for You?
First things first, you need to sit down and decide if you have what it takes to make your business a success. You need to decide if you are willing to learn along the way, think creatively and practically, and if you are willing to put in time to build your business. As an entrepreneur, it’s going to take up a lot of your time in the first few years. Some of the most common reasons why people start their own business, or company include: .
- Easy – Starting your own online business is easy as long as you can follow instructions.
- Flexible – You can work when and where you want.
However, part of the things you need to consider before starting includes:
- Opportunity cost – Once you start on your journey, you have to be disciplined to stick with your business. However, that does not mean you shouldn’t pivot your business. Check out this article from Harvard Business on when you should pivot your business.
- Invest in marketing – You will have to invest a fair amount of money into your marketing. Do not neglect this area as it’s just as important as getting your business model up and running.
- Free market competition – When starting out, there’s no way to know what your competitors are doing or how successful they’ve been. But one way you can find out is when you start your keyword research for your business.
How do I create a great value proposition?
What are the Easy Wins I need to do for starting a successful business from home?
The easiest wins you need to start a successful business online includes:
Setting up your website
Your website is an extension of your business, so setting up a site is important as it’s the hub for communications and getting your sales. If you are just starting out on a shoe-string budget, we recommend using Take.app if you are selling products in your local area, or Google Sites with Google Forms if you’re running a service business.
Scoping your customer segment on Google
Search is critical when reaching out to our customer segment. When finding your customer segment, think about the intent behind their search that eventually lead to them to searching for your business.